Here are some tips to make your dream dress into a stunning realtity.
1. Budget Create a budget and allow wiggle room of at least 10-15%.
2. Designer style & philosophy Learn about the aesthetic and style of the different designers that interest you. See how that fits in with your ceremony and reception plans. The philosophy of each designer and the meaning behind the gown are also very important to the look and feel of your dress.
3. Style suitability and your comfort level When trying on gowns always think about where the ceremony and reception will take place and the time of year and what you feel is appropriate for those locations and the season.
4. Construction The fit of your gown is very much dependent on good construction. Check for boning, the finishes of seams for smoothness and inner corsetry for excellent fit.
5. Fabric Be aware of the fabric you select for your dress and the wearability of that fabric. For example pure silk without any mix can tend to wrinkle a little bit more than if your gown is a mixture of silk and man-made fiber. Tulle and organza can be quite durable when pre-steamed well and shantung with lace can drape over the body beautifully.
6. Veils Floor length veils add romance to the ceremony. Veils also enable the bride to opt for a sweep train on the dress that is far more easily able to bustle for the reception.
7. Blushers Longer blushers are having a comeback with modern brides and are extremely popular in Europe. Holding your bouquet underneath the blusher will maximize red carpet aisle glamour.
8. Less is more Recent trends show brides are wearing far less jewelry opting for some beautiful earrings and no necklace especially when there is a strapless gown as a neckline.
9. Beaded belts and sashes When wearing a slim line gown a beaded belt or sash becomes a brilliant way to add to your look and elongate your silhouette. The fact that most beaded belts and sashes are removable really adds to the versatility and practicality of your look!
10. Enjoy your gown When choosing your gown make sure that you feel like "you” in the gown and feel comfortable and beautiful. Listen to your heart and love your gown. That feeling of elation shines through and that adds to your glamour!